Celebrate 100 Years of Our Lady of Fatima | Gain a Plenary Indulgence
In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima, a one-year Jubilee began on the First Sunday of Advent, November 27, 2016, at the Basilica Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima in Portugal, and will continue until November 26, 2017.
To obtain the plenary indulgence, the faithful, truly penitent and animated with charity, must ritually fulfill the following conditions: Sacramental Confession, Eucharistic Communion and prayer for the intentions of the Holy Father. This prayer must be said in front of the statue of Our Lady of Fatima, for those who cannot travel, you can use a picture off the internet (such as this one).
Invocation of Our Lady of Fatima can be made with the following prayer:
O God, who chose the Mother of your Son to be our Mother also, O God, who chose the Mother of your Son to be our Mother also, grant us that, persevering in penance and prayer for the salvation of the world, we may further more effectively each day the reign of Christ. Who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.
Public displays of an image or statue of Our Lady of Fatima on the 13th of the months, May – October* can be found at the following sites within the Diocese of Cleveland:
1. St. Agnes – Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Cleveland
2. St. Andrew the Apostle Parish in Norton
3. St. Anthony of Padua Parish in Akron
4. St. Barnabas Parish in Northfield
5. St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parish in Cleveland
6. St. Jerome Parish in Cleveland
7. St. John Nepomucene in Cleveland - (only Tuesday, 6/13/17)
8. St. Martin of Tours Cemetery in Valley City
9. St. Mary of the Falls Parish in North Olmsted
10. St. Michael Parish in Independence
11. St. Rocco Parish in Cleveland - (only Friday, 10/13/17)